Congratulations on your new pup! Owning a dog is an incredibly rewarding experience, but it can also be overwhelming. With so many products available, it can be difficult to know what you actually need for your new furry friend. To help you out, here are the 13 necessities every new dog owner should have:
- A Collar: A collar is essential for any pup, as it provides a secure way to attach identification tags and a leash. Look for one that is adjustable and comfortable for your pup.
- A Harness: If your pup pulls on the leash or has trouble with their collar, a harness may be the better option. It helps distribute pressure more evenly across their body and prevents them from choking or getting injured while walking.
- A Leash: Every dog needs a good leash in order to go on walks safely and securely. Look for one that is made of durable material and has a comfortable handle for you to hold onto while walking your pup.
- Food And Water Bowls: Make sure you have two separate bowls – one for food and one for water – so that your pup doesn’t get confused about which bowl they should use when eating or drinking.
- A Bed: Dogs need somewhere comfortable to sleep at night, so make sure you get them their own bed! Look for something that is soft yet supportive, as well as easy to clean in case of accidents or messes.
- A Gate: If you want to keep your pup contained in certain areas of the house, then having a gate is essential. This will help keep them safe from potential dangers like stairs or other rooms in the house where they shouldn’t go unsupervised.
- A Crate: Crates are great tools for potty training puppies and helping them adjust to their new home environment without feeling overwhelmed by all the changes happening around them at once.
- Chew Toys: Chew toys are important because they provide mental stimulation and help keep your pup’s teeth clean and healthy by preventing plaque buildup on their teeth from chewing on furniture or other objects around the house that aren’t meant to be chewed on!
- Treats: Treats are great rewards for good behavior, but make sure you only give treats in moderation since too many can lead to weight gain in dogs if not monitored properly!
- Grooming Supplies: Keeping up with regular grooming sessions helps keep your pup looking and feeling their best! Invest in some basic grooming supplies like shampoo, conditioner, brushes, nail clippers, etc., so that you can take care of these tasks yourself at home instead of having to take them into the groomer every time they need some TLC!
- Dog Diapers & Belly Bands: If you have an older dog who isn’t fully potty trained yet or if you have a puppy who isn’t quite there yet either – these items can come in handy! Dog diapers & belly bands help protect furniture & floors from accidents while also providing protection against skin irritation caused by urine & feces contact with skin directly (especially helpful if your pup has sensitive skin!).
- Puzzle Toys Like The Kong Classic: Puzzle toys are great ways to keep dogs mentally stimulated & entertained when they’re alone at home during the day or just need something fun & challenging to do when boredom sets in! The Kong Classic is one of our favorites because it comes with different levels of difficulty depending on how smart your pup is – plus it’s made out of durable rubber so it won’t break easily even after lots of playtime!
- Books About Dogs & Training Tips For New Owners: Last but not least – books about dogs & training tips specifically geared towards new owners are must-haves if this is your first time owning a pet! They provide valuable information about everything from nutrition & health care needs all the way up through obedience training tips & tricks – plus they make great gifts too (for yourself or someone else)!
These 13 necessities are essential items every new dog owner should have before bringing their furry friend home – but don’t forget – love & patience are just as important as any item listed above when raising a happy & healthy puppy! Good luck with your newest family member – we wish you both lots of happiness together 🙂